Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Prom Is Not That Special

For the past month, people have been asking me if I was going to prom. When I would respond with a "no", they would start to over exaggerate about how it's suppose to be the best night of my life. I also tend to hear that I'm going to regret it in about 20 years. Honestly speaking, I probably won't even remember half of your names in 20 years. I would love to know who told people that so I can have a conversation with that person. Prom will not be the best night of my life and I'm sure I won't regret it ladies and gentlemen so please stop telling me that. Whoever swindled yall won't be able to swindle me because its all bull. It's just too much money for like 4 hours. Boys have it easy because all they have to do is get a tux, shoes, and a haircut. Girls need a dress, shoes, makeup, hair, manicure and pedicure. All of that sounds like $800 or more that I don't feel the need to spend for 4 hours. I need my money to be spent on more important things like college. The government is giving me less than $450 for me to go to school so I need my money. One of the best days of my life will be graduation day when I walk across the stage and receive my diploma. I can care less about anything else going on this school year to be honest. I just want to leave so I can start my new life with new people. Have fun at the prom though.

2 comments:

  1. I agree, i think its all in what you value and you shouldn't feel bad if you're values are placed somewhere else. I also agree prom is silly and very overrated and kinda ignorant in my opinion .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't tell anyone, but I don't really remember my prom well... I did have fun though.

    ReplyDelete